Welcome to the Allegany County Historical Society
 

Towns and Villages/Genesee

Schools

Page:1 of 1

1 first school

First School Built in 1826 and Burned in 1901 - First Teacher, Henry P. Green

1905 Ceres School Class

Above is a photo of the Ceres School in 1905 (loaned by Harold Benson, Bolivar RD. to MoneySaver) (3 in back row) Clair Edgett, Milton Raymond, Luther Van Schoick; Back row— Leo Ba...(more)

2 RoomSchool LittleGenesee

Another view of the 2nd School building.

Ceres School

The Ceres School was built in 1855. It still can be seen today and has served as a community center. Above Post Card available in a set of notecards produced & may be purchased...(more)

Page:1 of 1