Welcome to the Allegany County Historical Society
 

Towns and Villages

Caneadea

Page:2 of 8

Caneadea15

Caneadea Dam Project - Building Stages From Don Adams Collection

Caneadea16

Caneadea Dam Project - Building Stages From Don Adams Collection

Caneadea17

Caneadea Dam Project - Building Stages From Don Adams Collection

Caneadea18

Caneadea Dam Project - Building Stages From Don Adams Collection

Caneadea19

Caneadea Dam Project - Building Stages From Don Adams Collection

Caneadea20

Date about 1906. Photo taken from the hill where Route 49 is now looking to the North.

Caneadea21

River Street, Early 1900's

Caneadea22

The blacksmith shop was in the building with the white doors.Man on left: Roy Estabrook-Right-believed to be John Bench

Caneadea23

Erie Viaduct

Caneadea24

Main Street - First building-hardware that later burned.Street signs point to Rushford. Long before Rte 243.

Caneadea25

Gathering hay.

Caneadea26

Known as Jackson House. 'Little Critters" makes it's home there now. Photo from Dan Nicholson Collection. Dan Nicholson Note on back: “Allie Jackson Grocery Store, Caneadea; Maso...(more)

Caneadea27

The most noticable building -Westbrook Hotel-probably taken in the early 1920's.

Caneadea28

Sherman's Restuarant, about 1940's. Torn down to make room for Rte 243. Sherman Holmstead still remains in use.

Caneadea29

Caneadea Pennsylvania RR Station.

Page:2 of 8